Pages

The Tea Party Club: 5th Anniversary visit :D

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello everyone!

I know this is a bit of a late post, but I was super busy when I returned from the event!

As you may, or may not know, last Saturday and Sunday (8th and 9th of September) was the 5th anniversary of the Tea Party Club! The designer of Juliette et Justine and the editor of Gothic & Lolita Bible were special guests of honor (and Koitsukihime a Japanese doll artist!), so I was super excited to be able to grab myself a ticket for both days and go to London!

I've personally only been to a handful of meets and it's something I always get very nervous and stressed about, this time even more because it was in a different country, I never met any of the girls (and guys!) attending in real life before and I'm always worried to make a bad impression on people or that no one likes me (ノдヽ) but all my worries were for nothing, because everyone was so incredibly sweet! I cannot say this enough, I met some of the most fun, crazy and nicest people there!
I'd like to thank Jessi especially because she waited on me at the airport! I wish I spent more time with you ;o; you were so sweet!

There was a raffle on both Saturday and Sunday, a fashion show and various contests!
On Saturday there were also some sellers, including one for Juliette et Justine, despite having a VIP ticket with early attendance I didn't have the time to be at the Juliette et Justine stall to buy something when it just opened :( so when I got there there was almost nothing in size 1 left, the prices were really good too! I did get 2 pairs of special edition tights and one kitty shirt (it was given to the models after the fashion show as a thank you gift from Juliette et Justine, so nice!), but I forgot to take pictures of my loot :P I also won a signed CD from Ali Project during the raffle on sunday!

The fashion show that was hosted on Saturday featured their newest line, and 2 special dresses. I was picked as one of the lucky girls to be modelling during the show, and I was picked for the Gothic & Lolita Bible shoot! I was quite shocked to hear that, because there was one girl in the show line up that in my opinion suited their brand so much better! But ofcourse I was very happy to have been picked ヽ(゜Q。)ノ we shot for the Gothic & Lolita Bible on Saturday morning, I had to get up at 4 am. to be able to get there in time, but it was a wonderful day and I survived it remarkably well!



The lovely Karmen took a few snaps of me during the shoot at the Charing Cross hotel!
I'm wearing the Queen Elizabeth I dress here, it has a lot of gorgeous details (though it makes me look really flat chested), and the best part is... I get it as a gift from the designer!
During the fitting on Friday I was gushing over how beautiful the dress was and the designer turned around and was like "well.... you can have it! We will make it to your size and send it" - Mariko already told me that I could pick out a dress as payment for the shoot, but I didn't expect an unique piece like this! 

So because I was walking during the show, I couldn't get any pictures of it! I took these off Facebook, so I won't take the entire line-up and post them here <(。_。)>


 
 
My first outfit, and opening for the show: Queen Elizabeth I OP (pictures taken by Hayley Tolley)
I walked way too fast here, so I ruined the pictures even more than the other ones :<


My second outfit, GLB & JetJ collaboration: The circus OP (pictures taken by Hayley Tolley and Kandee Monsoon)
Such a beautiful and also unique OP, I love the skirt that you can wear seperately too!



























My last, and closing outfit: Marie Antoinette OP (pictures taken by Dan Hardwick and Livija Dale)
So I have to admit that this one is way too pink on me, but it's also absolutely gorgeous! It photographs so well too!


Ok, and now... I will try to type less and post more pictures!
While picking out the pictures I decided.. to.. add a bit extra, if you like any pictures you see and would like the original without all the weird crap, let me know!

Friday & Saturday: 

A part of the pictures are from the rehearsal! I think everyone was quite tired at that point...
Also... I'm not sure if you can tell, but I tried to smile a bit more in pictures! The result is a bit creepy sometimes, I need to practice more (*`▽´)_旦 I really did practice in front of the mirror though!



I know, I could've easily shopped lazer eyes here, but I thought I should make a pirate out of someone!



So here you have laser eyes! And the shoes are totally not photoshopped. At all.


 The picture that started everything....

Saturday!

 We had a quick lunch break before the show, the food was very welcome (mainly noodles and sushi! omnomnom, I had tofu noodles)


 I looked so creepy in this photo, so I fixed that. Mariko has such a lovely style (and I'm totally wanting that bunny dress!)


 
 We're so fancy~★
These two lovely girls had way too much style for their own good, I'm positively jealous and was super excited to meet them because I admire their styles a lot!


So that was it for the pictures on Saturday! I didn't take a lot because I was running around the whole day! I really wish I got pictures of the ending of Saturday though.. because something absolutely wonderful happened after the lovely Kyra gave a speech :)
Her boyfriend proposed to her! I think everyone shed a tear at that moment, because it was absolutely perfect and a beautiful moment to witness! I wish them a long and happy marriage  ♥

So there were no proposals on Sunday (still a few emotional moments!), but there was a High Tea with great food:





 With Mariko, Karmen and Mari ♥
(I seriously covet those OPs)




I've stolen this picture from Kyra's Facebook because it totally beats mine!


I stole this one from Kyra too! :3


I didn't take a picture with her, but I did get to meet the lovely Octavekitten! :3 Next time I will bother her for a snap together!



\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/ I can't get over how sweet she was!!

I'm looking scared, but it was lovely meeting Dani! She also was a luckybug during the event :D winning almost everything haha!

Not only can she sing and is a great mangaka but she's also teller of awesome stories :3 and part time fairy?

Re enacting the proposal yesterday? Sorry for a close eyed shot, but Kyra is looking so adorable *o*

I'm having a total style envy right here, damn.

With Herajika! Aaaaand... looking like a crazy killer again :D
 That were all the pictures! I had so much more that I planned to tell you, but I can't remember ;o;
I think for now, this wall of text is probably enough anyway!

Hopefully I can go again next year, that would be so amazing!






14 comments:

  1. *deep sighs* the london comm is amazing, and you look so totally perfect in all those dresses, i'd sell a kidney for any of them no joking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so amazing outfits and dresses! x33

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your scribblings in the photos XD I didn't even notice some of them at fist and had to go back and go 'wait a minute...'

    It was so nice to meet you! Come back to London soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked amazing in the fashion show!!!!
    The dresses looked like they were made for you!
    I wanted to come over and say hello but I was to nervous >_<
    I am glad you had a good time though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahahah only just noticed some of the "edits" to your photos XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. You are such a gorgeous person, inside and out! I hope we can meet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait...did that girl actually have Monkey Jesus on her bodice??

    Also, congratulations on getting chosen as the model. You're absolutely perfect in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It is beautiful. I have saved some of the dresses because my friends and I have a lot of tea parties and can just convert one into something like this. I even have a nice venue NYC in mind that can be booked for such a celebration.

    ReplyDelete